The European Mortgage Federation – European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC) is the voice of the mortgage credit and covered bond industry at European level, and the key industry stakeholder vis-a-vis the European Institutions on all issues relating to mortgage credit on the retail and funding sides of the business. The EMF-ECBC is currently seeking an Economic Adviser to join its Brussels-based Secretariat on a permanent contract basis.
Key Responsibilities for this position will include; the monitoring, analysis and reporting of legislation and other initiatives that impact on the mortgage credit and covered bond industry at EU and Member State (MS) level; assisting with the coordination of and attendance at internal and external meetings focusing on such issues; and supporting the broader day-to-day functioning of the EMF-ECBC Secretariat.
Primary Functions: Advocacy, Research & Communications:
- Analysis, follow-up and preparation of briefing papers on all relevant EU/MS initiatives which concern or could impact on the activities of European mortgage credit institutions.
- Preparation for, participation in and follow-up of working group meetings (drafting of agendas, working papers, minutes, briefings) and other stakeholder events.
- Researching and drafting position papers to support the EMF-ECBC lobbying activities.
- Draft and coordinate responses to EU-level consultations, quantitative analysis and the production of surveys and studies on Europe’s mortgage credit and covered bond markets.
- Attendance at external meetings and provision of feedback to members and colleagues.
- Engaging with stakeholders in the European Institutions, national authorities, private sector, academia and others with an interest in housing finance and its funding.
- University Degree, preferably Master’s level in a relevant field of expertise (Economics, Finance, Bussiness Administrator, Law)
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience of working with the EU Institutions.
- Experience of working on issues related to financial services, knowledge of mortgages and covered bonds would be an asset.
- Numeracy skills are important, with the ability to manipulate and analyse large data-sets an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web & social media applications); knowledge of the Bloomberg platform.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential; fluency in French and other EU languages is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set.
- A commitment to the values and goals of the European Union.
- A motivating and challenging work environment within an influential European trade association.
- Opportunities to work and develop in an international environment.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A small and dynamic team.
“To download this job description in PDF format, click here”
For more information please refer to our website (www.hypo.org)
To apply for this position, please send your formal letter of application and CV to: Luca Bertalot, Secretary General, EMF-ECBC, Rue de la Science 14, 2nd Floor, 1040 Brussels by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Economic Adviser“ as the subject.
The deadline for our receipt of applications is 24 November 2017.