The European Mortgage Federation – European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC) is the voice of the mortgage credit and covered bond industry at European level, and the key industry stakeholder vis-à-vis the European Institutions on all issues relating to mortgage credit on the retail and funding sides of the business. The EMF-ECBC is currently seeking a Policy Adviser to join its Brussels-based Secretariat on a permanent contract basis.
Key Responsibilities for this position will include; the monitoring, analysis and reporting of legislation and other initiatives that impact on the mortgage credit and covered bond industry at EU and Member State (MS) level; assisting with the coordination of and attendance at internal and external meetings focusing on such issues; and supporting the broader day to-day functioning of the EMF-ECBC Secretariat.
Primary Functions: Advocacy, Research & Communications:
- Analysis, follow-up and preparation of briefing papers on all relevant EU/MS initiatives which concern or could impact on the activities of European mortgage credit institutions.
- Preparation for, participation in and follow-up of working group meetings (drafting of agendas, working papers, minutes, briefings) and other stakeholder events.
- Researching and drafting position papers to support the EMF-ECBC lobbying activities.
- Draft and coordinate responses to EU-level consultations, quantitative analysis and the production of surveys and studies on Europe’s mortgage credit and covered bond markets.
- Attendance at external meetings and provision of feedback to members and colleagues.
- Engaging with stakeholders in the European Institutions, national authorities, private sector, academia and others with an interest in housing finance and its funding.
- University Degree, preferably Master’s level in a relevant field of expertise (Business Administration, Law, Economics, Finance).
- At least two years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience of working with the EU Institutions.
- Experience of working on issues related to financial services is an asset.
- Numeracy skills are important.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web & social media applications).
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential; fluency in French and other EU languages is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set.
- A commitment to the values and goals of the European Union.
- A motivating and challenging work environment within an influential European trade association.
- Opportunities to work and develop in an international environment.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A small and dynamic team.
For more information please refer to our website (www.hypo.org)
To apply for this position, please send your formal letter of application and CV to:
- Luca Bertalot, Secretary General, EMFECBC, Rue de la Science 14, 2nd Floor 1040 Brussels,
- by e-mail to email@example.com with “Policy Adviser” as the subject.
Please note that the deadline for our receipt of applications is 31 August 2018.