The European Mortgage Federation – European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC) is the voice of the mortgage credit and covered bond industries at European level, and the key industry stakeholder vis-à-vis the European Institutions on all issues relating to mortgage credit on the retail and funding sides of the business.
The EMF-ECBC is currently seeking a Project Officer to join its Brussels-based Secretariat on an initial two-year fixed-term, full-time contract.
Key responsibilities for this position will include project management for the EMF-ECBC’s EU-funded projects in the fields of financial services and European Union (EU) energy policy.
Project management support:
- Supporting the preparation of EU project proposals and their submission, developing proposal narratives and budgets, completing the application forms and interpreting the regulations of the granting agencies.
- Managing successful proposals and providing support for the administration of research grants, including funding allocation, monitoring research expenditures and producing financial statements and reports.
- Collecting and analysing information, documentation and data.
- Drafting reports, deliverables (related to management and dissemination), minutes, presentations and other communication material.
- Supporting the EU project management team in liaising with the project consortiums and other key stakeholders.
- Monitoring the progress, milestones and deliverables of the projects – making sure that deadlines are met.
- Organising international events and working group meetings.
- Attending and reporting on project meetings and relevant workshops.
- Supporting the preparation, management and updating of the projects’ websites, databases and mailing lists.
- Active contribution to other day-to-day operations of the projects.
- Relevant university education.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience. Demonstrable and significant experience of post-award management of H2020 projects. Preference for candidates with experience on collaborative projects (H2020, FP7).
- Knowledge of general accounting, cost controlling and financial reporting principles.
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes and procedures.
- Knowledge of/strong interest in financial services and/or EU energy policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in other EU languages is an asset.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and take the initiative to meet deadlines.
- A commitment to the values and goals of the European Union.
- A motivating and challenging work environment within an influential European trade association.
- Opportunities to work and develop in an international environment.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A small and dynamic team.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.hypo.org
To apply for this position, please send your formal letter of application and CV to: Luca Bertalot, Secretary General, EMF-ECBC, Rue de la Science 14A, 2nd Floor, 1040 Brussels, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Officer” as the subject.
The deadline for our receipt of applications is 21 January 2019.